Monday, November 15, 2010

find a new place

Don't laugh too hard when you read this .It was the same week of my son's death and I was in bed fellow  used and fed up with church, one group I sung with had got together a took my son who was now gone for good and another church was telling me my son died because I didn't come to morning services, so I was not trying to go to no more churches I wanted to just sit at home, this was the thought that was running through my mind as I laid on the bed . RING, the phone rung and some guy on the other end said to me Rev Brown wants to know if you would join him in a rehearsal and possible join his group. know let me say this they had no idea I lost my son it was all over the news but due to court issues I guess my name wasn't mention at all so unless  you knew me you would not even knew he was my son. but any way he asked me this question and poor thang he was not prepared for what happened next, all I can really remember saying was I just lost my son and your calling me about singing on some_ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ __choir you Church  people get on my_ _ _ _ _ _ and when I say I went off I went so far off I had to repent for a week. he was saying I'm sorry about  this honey I didn't know and he kept trying to apologize . finally I  realized that my anger was being thrown on the wrong person and it was not this mans fault so I apologized for going off on him ,kindly told him I don't think i would be singing with no one else again, and Hung up.
A short time latter the phone rung again. I didn't want to answer it but I did.Hello may I speak to Dina , said this kind voice on the other end , This is she who is this, Rev Brown, ah crap I thought not I just cursed his friend out now he has the nerve to call, well he must have been ready for me he didn't even give me a chance to say much he went right in, I'm sorry about that my friend told me you lost your son. i would not have called you if i know and no one told me.OK but I don't what to sing anymore. and he said to me I'm Not concerned about that right now and he began to minister to hurting little girl on the phone he talked to the hurting mother, and to the dying soul that was on the phone . he pushed the singer to the side and just talked to me Helena the one no one ever talked to. needless to say I joined his group and from that day  to this I have been in his ministry ,
Rev Franklin A Brown and Lady Tammy Brown has an awesome ministry . they specialize in rebuilding lives through love , and the word of God through this ministry I have become an Evangelist. a leader , and a college graduate.  I dedicate this blog to them today. we should give honor to whom honor is due.
if you have great leaders, whether they are Pastors teachers mentors of just a friend  honor them. Let them know  how they have helped you in your life for sometimes they are just  doing what the know to do and can't really tell if they have any effect at all. so let them know that their labor is not in vain.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that! Pastor Brown and Lady Tammy Brown are annointed warriors for God. They love the Lord and they love ministering to the people.

    ReplyDelete