Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NAME CALLING

Come here Dina, sit down Dina, Where is Dina? Dina is so ugly Dina is so fast and grown. these are just a few phrases I can remember that can attached when people called my name. the worst for me would be DINO , some people thought is was cute and some thought it was funny, for a young girl who had a hard to fit in, I just thought it was degrading . i can remember one day I was dating a young man in the church and everybody could not believe He choose me, I couldn't believe it myself and I called him but his mom answered the phone. "Hello" she said in a high pitched voice. I ask to speak to her son, who is this she said, Dina, I replied and she started laughing a yelling DINO'S on the phone then another voice in the background joined in Dino I'm on the other end its DINA DINA she gets on the phone still laughing I softly say its Dina not Dino she said I know Dino. he takes the phone and I can hear the smile on his face.You think that's funny? Yes come on they call you Dino all the time.
I was so hurt but I didn't say a word his mom and others continued to call me that until I left the church. Dino to me just made me feel like I was a dog,a pet.
Sometimes i would just sit and cry about this title I let people give me and the truth of the matter is Dina was not my name.my great grandma use to say to my mom, stop calling her that, her name is Helena not Dina there is enough Demons in the land.for years when asked whats your name? I would say Dina or Helena but every one calls me Dina.  One day I was on a choir that I had been singing on for years and we had our annual choir anniversary event and this time under the alto section I saw my name Helena Pierce and as we had our dinner the person who put my real name in the book was asked a question.  Who is Helena. we both laughed . they had no clue who I was. and the truth was at that time of my life neither did I .
I was always who are what ever people called me dirty,stinky, ugly, skinny, fast, grown, bad, stupid,sexy, Dina , or Dino.like a custom I wore these names.molding my self to fit each character til that day at the dinner when I realized my name is Helena the powerful one the one with the strong voice , the anointed one, beautiful one , the one who had charisma and pizazz I was not who they said I was I had the power to make this name great. today  . in NJ I'm still Dina In NY I'm Jonzee in CT I'm Jame's wife. put no one calls me out my name God called me to greatness and when I walk this earth that's the name Satan hears .
we call people names sometime and we have no idea the impact it has on them sometimes we think it;s cute,funny or maybe we think we are doing the right thing ( that's the preacher right there) mean while they are not. I encourage you today don't let others name you Who does God say you are that's your name . and if your not sure remember your name is,child of the King you belong to the king and you my prince, my princess YOU are ROYALTY bring back power in his name but mantaining the strength on your own name

5 comments:

  1. AAAAMEN I LOVE IT VERY POWERFUL !!! ~
    PROPHETESS OTIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey sis this here is so powerful and touching am going to start sharing my stroy and what i remember also i wanna help someone out there who may or is going through the same thing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how you grow up with someone and never know their whole story. I was around when you endured the pain, but God gave you the strength to overcome it. Although you hid your weaknesses, you showed a lot of strength. God was with you. (Childhood friend).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Jones!! Great stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I'm another childhood friend and never knew the pain that u have endured. Thank God that you overcame all of that. as always you have been strong in your spot even though I never knew what you were dealing with. God was with you then and he's with you now and forever more.

    ReplyDelete