Monday, November 8, 2010

born in the church ... NOT!

Born in the church


Many times you hear people say i was born and raised in the church. Well of course my mother did not give birth to me in the church, but the church was the first social arena I was introduced to .my birth well the church was no where around but God was as the story goes my mom gave birth and left me there  some say because she was on drugs some say alcohol what ever the substance. she was afraid she would get in trouble when they did my blood work up so she ran called her brother who had custody of one of her older girls for a short time but due to disagreements the wife  refused to take any more of her babies. so my uncle standing in the hospital with me in his arm wondering what should he do remembers his half brother Walter's  wife rut is in the same hospital but has just had a still born. he goes into the room and ask them if they would take Betty's child. and they did.

and until I was around a year the church thought i was hers. it was around this time my mom took me back by pulling a gun on my parents but while in her care she could not get me to call her mommy and she felt i wasn't dealing with the change as the story goes i stop talking altogether. she makes up in her mind to take me back and for months I didn't talk. this experience left me scared. as i grew i had issues with people leaving me , hanging on to what ever relationship  i could good, bad, abusive, many time people only saw a slut but the true picture was a little girl in pain.
I've learned now to love me enough. through the love of God i have learned to love others in a healthy manner.
get to the root of your emotion and deal with it ,

1 comment:

  1. Part of an awesome testimony.
    I'm looking forward to following your blog.

    SLC



    Samuel L Cotton, formerly of 781 East 22nd

    ReplyDelete