Tuesday, November 30, 2010

IS IT A SIN TO BE ME?

One of the toughest subjects in the church to talk about is not homosexuality, not fornication and not even abuse the new taboo is depression ,

Many things can trigger debilitating depression.
Feelings of depression are caused by a chemical change that affects how the brain functions.
A normally functioning brain is a giant messaging system that controls everything from your heartbeat, to walking, to your emotions.
The brain is made up of billions of nerve cells, called neurons.
These neurons send and receive messages from the rest of your body, using brain chemicals, called neurotransmitters.
These brain chemicals—in varying amounts—are responsible for our emotional state. Depression happens when these chemical messages aren’t delivered correctly between brain cells, disrupting communication.
Think of a telephone: If your phone has a weak signal, you may not hear the person on the other end. Their communication is muted or unclear.1on1health.com

Many Christians think of it as a spiritual thing only  I don't  remove the taught that there is some spiritual factors to depression. the facts are that there is a medical reason for depression. and today I want to share my story and battles with depression, for you to feel sorry for me are for attention, trust me this one I would love to keep to myself. It's the reason why I haven't written all week, and part of the reason I missed my Sunday worship service, The is always speaking to me about overcoming this thorn .


As a  child I hated when people would call me crazy, I would get fight mad and to this day I still hate it , one of the reasons is because I know there was something a little crazy about me, so I thought church people called it a spirit. some just called it something, (there is something about her I don't like)  I staid to myself but yet I wanted to be around people. I laid around all the time feeling drained and lifeless some people just called it laziness.everything about life seemed to hard to reach so my mind would just turn off. this was the way I felt as a child of curse other children who detected there was a week spot pounced on it , this caused me to be a fighter, by the time I got to forth grade I was fighting allot,and when I would get home I would have to hear my mom tell me how bad she felt due to my behaviour and I wanted o change but did not know how by the time I was 12 Jesus was my answer. I gave my life to Christ with about 30 other of my friends at GHT . and things began to look better until I started dating. as young men begin to pick others over me I began to get very sad then very very sad sometimes it would take me a week to get out of my room with my music. but I thought this is life.as I got older and became a mother, and had to take care of my babies, I went back to the feelings I had as a young child that crazy feeling didn't want my kids to touch me but yet I wanted them to be there I must have drove them crazy. we talk about it now because I'm so mushy now and they have been trained through my madness not to hug. but the Lord has helped us adjust. as I grew in the ministry and had to deal more hands on with other people it wasn't hard to see I did not want to be bothered .and the only way I knew how to explain it was "I don't like people" will the saint could not understand why a minister who had to deal with people could not stand being around people they went in on me about this statement and I couldn't help it it was how I felt. after awhile it was called a spirit people did not want me to be around them . I would want to change but always felt out of place around people. wondering if they were talking about me, if they saw me for how I truly felt . and I began to pray with all my heart Lord change me, help me be normal, but it would only last a short time then I would go right back into my slump.One day I had not been sleeping for a few months I was mad at my child and my husband was out the door  I didn't want to get out the bed comb my hair some day i didn't even want to bathe my daughter went to therapy for ADHDmeds I still have days that seem to sad to deal with but the lord has placed people in my life that I can call and say how I feel or they just know and they pull me out when I cant find the strength to pull myself. and today is better then want has been.
I tell this story because like cancer, high blood  pressure and asthma depression is a sickness and if we ask the lord he can heal but if the systems remain get help from those he have anointed to do so you wont go to hell for seeing you doctor , depression is rapidity becoming a killer in our churches people were walking away form the faith turning away from god because they feel there is no help for the, we are loosing young and old alike to this illness it is a spiritual attack on the person not by the person

No comments:

Post a Comment