Thursday, December 2, 2010

LET GO, AND LET GOD. (or maybe next time )

Dear Diary,

Today I  took some time to cuddle up on the couch and watch  my favorite  movie, Lady  Sings the Blues, Staring Diana Ross and Billy D Williams , the story of Billie Holiday , If I didn't choose gospel the blues would have been my next choice.

the storyline is one that includes her struggle with drugs and it reminded me that there people in every church that deal with addictions and like Billie they do their best to hide it but after while it becomes very noticeable to all who come in contact with them. Now don't get me wrong we don't see people with the shakes from withdrawals or tracks in their arms . we are and I do realize that I used the term we , We do not use weed, heroine, dust or crack, but we do have things that we can't seem to shake lose things that no one knows what it is but can see there is something of SOMEONE that has a hold on us .
the Bible says God will not have no other gods before him or in his place.what is your addiction what takes the place of God in your life what is at the heart of the decisions you make? When you get to the place where you say to yourself if God comes right now I  might not make it to heaven , what is it that has that kind of power over you ?

Well I know many of you may be saying I don't have that issue and that's fine, but for some of us our addictions or former addictions are the need to have someone in our lives  no matter what the cost, for some It is the comfort of food , others have ways we self mutilate and self hate. nothing we do is good enough so we keep doing nothing , or keep doing something never doing anything at all. maybe your addiction is drugs smoking for some, hold on to your seats, it may be Church going somewhere that makes you feel good without doing the good that is taught . addicted to the hype of the holy dance in church and dancing around life after service . some may be addicted to laziness , anger,sadness . oh trust me it in the house , But thanks be to God who gives us the victory. but remember when he gives it you have to take in order to  possess it .
in the movie she sang a song called Good morning heartache ,
good morning heart ache you old gloomy sight
good morning heart ache thought we said good bye last
i tossed and turn all night til it seemed you were gone
but here you are with dawn.
wished I'd forget you but your here to stay
seem you showed  up when my love went away
now each start by saying to you
Good morning heart ache what's new

stop haunting me now , can't shake  no how Just leave me alone I've got those Monday blues straight thru Sunday blues
\good morning heart ache here we go again good morning heart ache your the one who knew
might as well get use to you hanging around good morning heart sit down.
Now the problem is like the word of this song who some say she was singing about her need for a fix is we keep giving our addiction a welcome mat and comfortable seat to sit in  we sit and have coffee with it and hug it in our night moments .( when we are in pain , hurting , insecure  etc) instead of finding the strength of God to say  Good bye .
Let us Be Blessed Be Better and Be Healed.
 Church Girl

1 comment:

  1. PTL my sister in Christ. I was just browsing thru some blogs and I came across urs. I love ur profile and how u give God all tha glry for bringing u out.

    We serve a truly wonderful and loving God!

    So loving and kind to sometimes we 4get that He has all power and can do anything.

    Its good to know that God has brought u out and healed u and that u r still going on with tha Lord.

    God is a good God and His Word said that all things, not sum things but all things work together for those who love Him and who THE CALLED according to His purpose.

    I know it didn't feel good while u were going thru but God, helped u and He will continue to help u and mature u.

    Just don't give up,hold on to Him and don't let go!

    I look fwd to reading ur blog post.

    God bless ya!

    ReplyDelete